Uses of Ginger
Ginger is one of the most delicious and the healthiest spices on the earth. Ginger Powder has amazing Benefits for Skin and Health. The dry Ginger powder is also known as Sonth in Hindi, Sonti in Telugu, Chukku or Sukku in Tamil.
Let have a look at some of the best ginger powder benefits
Powerful Medicinal Property
The dry Ginger powder is an anti-inflammatory compound that is excellent for treating headaches and migraines. It is one of the various forms of traditional or alternative medicine. Ginger has a very long history of use; it has been used for various purposes, helps in digestion, reduces nausea and helps in fighting the flu and common cold.
Ginger has shown to be effective against exercise-induced muscle pain.
- Mix dry ginger with salt and apply – helps in reducing inflammation in the body, specifically with swollen joints and fingers. It also relieves inflammation caused by injuries.
- Ginger helps in emptying the stomach, which is beneficial for people with related stomach discomfort and indigestion.
- Ginger acts as a pain reliever and was consumed, this even includes menstrual pain has it’s very effective when consumed at the beginning of the menstrual period.
- During the first 3 days of the menstrual period. Consume 1 gram of ginger powder per day, will show the best results.
- Ginger helps in Lowering Cholesterol Levels. Ginger contains a substance that may even help in Preventing Cancer; Ginger can help in Fighting Infections.
Ginger For Weight Loss
Dry ginger speeds up weight loss by improving digestion, it helps in burning all the stored fat and supports in processing glucose in the blood, the thermogenic properties in the ginger speeds up the metabolism and controls fat absorption. The benefit of dry ginger is, it helps in controlling hunger and overeating.
Dried ginger powder buy an organic product, should be stored in a tightly sealed container, it can also be refrigerated if required to increase its shelf life.
- Ginger tea- Add 1/2 tsp of dried ginger powder to a glass of boiling water along with some Tea powder. This will help treat digestive disorders.
- Ginger coffee- Is a south Indian speciality. It is very tasty and very healthy.
- It is one of the best remedies for a cough, indigestion, sore throat, fever, etc.
- Dry ginger powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Coffee powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Black peppercorn/powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Tulsi leaves (Holy basil) -3 or 4
- Guava leaves- 2or3
- Cumin seeds-1/4 teaspoon
- Karupetti / Panamchakkara or Jaggery-1 tablespoon
- Water-1 cups
Boil a glass of water Jaggery pieces together in the saucepan, while it starts to melt, start adding all the other ingredients, now add coffee powder and allow it to boil for a minute. Close the pan with a lid.
Leave it for 5 minutes and now strain the coffee and pour it into a coffee mug and serve hot.
- The best healthy drink for all kinds of infections during the rainy and winter season
- Ginger powder anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial benefits help in Treating Acne
- These properties help clears out the pores and kills acne that is causing bacterial infections.
½ teaspoon of milk powder and ½ teaspoon of dry ginger powder mix well to make a smooth paste. Apply over a clean face and neck; allow it to dry for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off and apply a facial moisturizer. Use this at least once a week to have a clear acne free skin and will rejuvenate your skin while renewing the skin cells to give your skin a youthful glow.
Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of dry ginger powder, now mix it well and slowly scrub all over your body and then wash it off.